"This light is one of the most prominent landmarks along the Swedish coastline. Though the present tower dates to 1900, there has been some type of beacon at this site since 1561. Located at the western tip of Kullaberg headland, it is Scandinavia's most powerful light. Electricity was installed at the station in 1937. Though fully automated in 1979, it is currently Sweden's only manned lighthouse. The presentday 'lightkeeper' is there to keep an overall eye on the buildings and surrounding area. It is open to the public."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.