"Originally built in the 1670's, this light is the oldest preserved lighthouse in Sweden. Like most lighthouses in those early years, it was fueled by open wood and coal fires. Extensively rebuilt in 1870, it took on its current characteristic look when the conical iron top was added. Located at the southern tip of the island of Öja, this light is active today."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.