"The original light that sat on top of this building was built in 1840 as a combined fortress and lighthouse. The current steel skeletal tower replaced it in 1870. Located some 25 km offshore on a small island south of Karlskrona, it is preserved as an historic building by the Swedish Administration of Shipping and Navigation."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.