Vinga Light

"Vinga, Sweden"


Built: 1890
Automated: 1974

"This impressive grey stone tower is located on the island of Vinga, which is 10 nautical miles west of Göteborg. This light is the first one visible when entering Göteborg Harbor from the North Sea. Situated next to the light tower is a distinctive red pyramidal shaped signal building which was used before the lighthouse was built to pass information to the mainland regarding incoming vessels. The island was also the home of Evert Taube, a famous Swedish poet. A museum is now located in the house where he lived."



Navigational Options
Return to Thirty-third Lighthouse Expedition
Go to Alphabetical Listing
Go to Geographical Listing
Return to Lighthouse Home Page

Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter

Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.