Thirteenth Lighthouse Expedition
August 26, 1992
Twenty-Fifth Wedding Anniversary
August 26, 1992, Wednesday
- 9:50 am
- Left Diana's niece's home in Elkhart, Indiana. We enjoyed a nice visit with the family. After several unsuccessful attempts to find the Gary & Bufffington Lights, we went on.
- 12:15 pm
- We found the Calumet Harbor Light. We were able to see it from Calumet Park. We've had some sprinkles and it's very hazy. Could be smoke from the factories.
- 1:02 pm
- We arrived at Navy Pier were we could see both the Chicago Harbor Southeast Guidewall Light and the Chicago Harbor Light. We walked along Navy Pier to the Convention Center at the end and got pictures of both lights. We saw a very hazy Chicago skyline from the end of the pier. We had lunch - polish sausage - and got back to the van before the sprinkles started.
- 2:25 pm
- We went to the Shedd Museum and saw the Lighthouse display as well as a tour of the aquarium. We left at 3:48 pm.
- 4:20 pm
- Arrived at the Grosse Point Lighthouse in Evanston (2535 Sheridan Rd.) It's near the Northwestern University Campus.
- 5:15 pm
- We arrived at the Sheraton Northbrook Hotel and had our anniversary dinner at the Olive Garden nearby. Spent the night and headed for Elkhart and home the next day.
Trip Totals: 4 Lighthouses, 1 day
- Navigational Options
- Return to Expedition Home Page
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
- Go to Alphabetical Index
- Go to Geographical Index
- Search the text of the Lighthouse Entries
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995, 1996 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.