Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Charles Baudelaire (1821 - 1867)
French poet and a noted leader of the Symbolist literary movement.
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
- Sightseeing in Paris with Baudelaire and Breton
- "In his article "Sightseeing in Paris with Baudelaire and Breton," Benton Jay Komins discusses the tensions between Charles Baudelaire's acts of modern appropriation and André Breton's imaginative seizing of the démodé. While Breton roams the Parisian cityscape with the same aspect of creative gazing as Charles Baudelaire's nineteenth-century dandy, the objects and experiences that he privileges are different from the dandy's fashionable marvels."
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Benton Jay Komins
- From: CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture: A WWWeb Journal 2.1 (2000)
- A biography of the poet.
- Contains: Extensive Bio
- From: Encarta 1994
- Charles Baudelaire
- Lengthy biography, photo, and links to more photos and the poet's work.
- Contains: Full Bio, Pictures
- Author: Erin
- Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)
- A good biography of the poet, as well as a list of his works and some suggested critical reading.
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Works List, Bibliography
- Author: Kuusankoski Public Library, Finland
- Life of Charles Baudelaire
- Short biography of the French poet Charles Baudelaire from Poets.org.
- Contains: Full Bio,
Sorry. There are no other sites about Charles Baudelaire in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Charles Baudelaire
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Charles Baudelaire
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014