Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
James Dickey (1923 - 1997)
poet, novelist and critic; author of Deliverence
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
Check the links in the box to the right for possible criticism about individual works by James Dickey.
Sorry. There are no general critical sites about James Dickey currently in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- James Dickey
- Provides a brief biographical sketch of the poet, and the full text of several poems.
- Contains: Sketch, Bibliography, Webliography, Pictures
- Author: Academy of American Poets
- James Dickey, Two-Fisted Poet and the Author of 'Deliverance,' Is Dead at 73
- Dickey's obituary follows the career of "one of the nation's most distinguished modern poets."
- Contains: Obituary
- Author: Albin Krebs
- From: The New York Times January 21, 1997
- New National Poetry Consultant Can Also Talk a Nonstop Prose
- "This profile of Dickey was written shortly after he began his duties as the 1966-67 poetry consultant to the Library of Congress, a position similar to that of poet laureate."
- Contains: Sketch
- Author: Nan Robertson
- From: The New York Times September 10, 1966
- Featured Author: James Dickey
- "News and Reviews From the Archives of The New York Times."
- Contains: Pictures, Interview, Commentary
- From: The New York Times Online http://www.nytimes.com/
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for James Dickey
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for James Dickey
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014