Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Fyodor Dostoevsky (1821 - 1881)
Author of Crime and Punishment and The Brothers Karamazov.
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
- Books about Dostoyevsky in English in Middlebury College Library
- This annotated bibliography does not make an effort to discern the best books, but does cover a large number of volumes available in the library of the students who annotated the list. It could be useful for anyone doing research and desiring a description of the material covered in various critical works.
- Contains: Bibliography
- Dostoevsky as Philosopher
- This lecture from a college philosophy class touches on several of Dostoevsky's works in an effort to demonstrate that "Dostoevsky has had a profound impact upon the course of the last century of philosophical thought. Through his novels he managed to engage in a considerable amount of serious and controversial philosophical commentary."
- Contains: Commentary, Criticism,
- Author: Jay Gallagher
- Gothicism in Conrad and Dostoevsky
- "Though the critical establishment has long since labelled both artists as psychological, even political novelists, Conrad and Dostoevsky are also authors of what is usually called 'popular' fiction. Under this broad, notoriously problematic heading, are included such independent genres as 'adventure, thriller and detective writing'; 'romance' literature; and Gothic fiction.' Each of these literary forms, I would argue, can be claimed to exist in Conrad and Dostoevsky's complex fictional worlds. It is the world of 'Gothic' fiction that I shall focus on."
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Robert Berry
- From: Deep South Vol. 1 No. 2 (May 1995)
- Biography of Dostoevsky
- A biography of the author.
- Contains: Extensive Bio,
- Author: Pauls Toutonghi
- Dostoyevsky: Chronology
- "This time line of the life of Dostoyevsky is lifted from the back of Great Short Works of Fyodor Dostoevsky (Perennial Library, 1968). It is very sketchy, and in places even misleading (in my opinion). However, it does the job of providing the order and time frame of the creation of most of Dostoyevsky's work, and some clues as to some of the major events in his extremely complex life."
- Contains: Timeline
- From: Great Short Works of Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Works by Dostoevsky in English Translation in the Middlebury College Library
- An annotated bibliography of works by Dostoevsky with useful descriptions of the novels.
- Contains: Works List,
- Dostoevsky Resource Station
- A beautifully designed and organized site which both aims and appears to be a comprehensive guide to available web resources on the author. In addition to its excellent annotated bibliography of critical works, its timeline, and quotations about the author, it contains a massive collection of links to all known web sites with material on Dostoevsky or his works, laid out in an easy to use fashion. A masterpiece.
- Contains: Timeline, Pictures, Webliography, Works List, Works Available, Bibliography
- Author: Christiaan Stange
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Grave
- This page contains photographs of Dostoyevsky's grave.
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Fyodor Dostoevsky
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Fyodor Dostoevsky
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014