Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Irving Layton (1912 - )
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
- From Apocalypse to Black Mountain: the Contexts of Layton's Early Criticism
- "In this essay, I have examined Layton's criticism in the contexts of prominent developments in poetry and criticism during the decade that followed World War II."
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Erwin Wiens
- From: Canadian Poetry vol. 16
- Irving Layton, Pseudo-Prophet: A Reappraisal
- "Irving Layton experienced a mingling of scorn and neglect in his earlier years as a poet. He responded to this aggressively, publishing in poems, letters and essays, violent and personal attacks on those who criticized his vision and craftsmanship. Anyone ignorant of those earlier years might imagine that he had always been favoured. Those who know the earlier story usually see him as triumphing over the opposition, getting himself recognised and read through the sheer power of his talent. For the casual or superficial observer either notion is excusable. What name in Canadian poetry looms larger than Layton's?"
- Author: Peter Hunt
- From: Canadian Poetry vol. 1
- Irving Layton .com
- Semi-official site, with biography, photographs, links, and bibliography.
- Contains: Full Bio, Obituary, Pictures, Bibliography, Webliography,
- Access Restrictions:
Sorry. There are no other sites about Irving Layton in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Irving Layton
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Irving Layton
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013