Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
William Butler Yeats (1865 - 1939)
Irish modernist poet, considered one of best of the 20th century; wrote "Easter 1916."
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
Check the links in the box to the right for possible criticism about individual works by William Butler Yeats.
Sorry. There are no general critical sites about William Butler Yeats currently in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Victorian Cities: London and Dublin
- "The England in which Yeats was to spend much of his life plays surprisingly little part in his writings and is specifically referred to only three times in his poetry."
- Contains: Criticism, Extensive Bio
- Author: Terence Brown
- From: The Life of W. B. Yeats: A Critical Biography Chapter 1; Blackwell Publishers: 1999
- W. B. Yeats
- Provides a brief biographical sketch of the poet, full text of several poems, and links to other web sites.
- Contains: Sketch, Bibliography, Webliography, Pictures
- Author: Academy of American Poets
- William Butler Yeats
- This page from the companion web site to XJ Kennedy and Dana Gioia's "Introduction to Poetry" text includes a biography, critical overview, and bibliography of the poet.
- Contains: Sketch, Bibliography, Commentary
- Author: XJ Kennedy and Dana Gioia
- Yeat's Chronology: 1865-1939
- This site provides a chronology for W. B. Yeat's life.
- Contains: Timeline
- Author: McCready, Sam
- Keywords: life, biography, history
- WB Yeats Society of New York
- This site, sponsored by the WB Yeats Society of New York, including links to critical and biographical information as well as the group's schedule of events.
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for William Butler Yeats
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for William Butler Yeats
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013