Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Sites | Author List
- South African Poetry
- This lengthy analysis of Victorian era South African poetry includes sections on "Thomas Pringle", "Afar in the Desert", "The Bechuana Boy ", and "Anthologies."
- Contains: Historical Context, Content Analysis, Bibliography
- Author: Sir T. Herbert Warren
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume XIII: English, The Victorian Age, Part Two,The Nineteenth Century, III
- Violent Days: Algerian Women Writers and the Civil Crisis
- "This essay examines several recent works of fiction by Algerian women who have reacted to a state of violence in their nation by taking up the pen in order to bear witness to the suffering of the Algerian people. Their objective is to describe the civil crisis to a French-language reading public both at home nd abroad, as well as to ensure that women's experiences of the conflict will not be undocumented for future generations."
- Author: Patricia Geesey
- From: International Fiction Review 2000; 27 no. 1-2:48-59
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013