Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Sites about The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
by Mark Twain
The adventures of a mischievous young boy and his friends who live in a town on the Mississippi River.
Characters: Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Becky Thatcher, Aunt Polly
Keywords: boys, pranks, treasure, fence
Critical sites about The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"
- "Mr. Clemens, on the contrary, has taken the boy of the Southwest for the hero of his new book, and has presented him with a fidelity to circumstance which loses no charm by being realistic in the highest degree, and which gives incomparably the best picture of life in that region as yet known to fiction."
- Contains: Review
- Author: Howells, William Dean
- From: The Atlantic Monthly December, 1875
- Keywords: Mark Twain, contemporary criticism
Other (non-critical) sites about The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Reviews of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- "The following contemporary reviews are arranged chronologically. They can also be searched by date (1876 or 1877); by nationality (American or British); or by tone (Favorable or Unfavorable or Mixed). Additionally, American reviews can be searched by the part of the country in which they appeared (Eastern or Western)."
- Contains: Historical Context, Review
- Keywords: Mark Twain, contemporary reviews
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for The Adventures of Tom Sawyer outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for The Adventures of Tom Sawyer:
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014