Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Sites about Cane
by Jean Toomer
Critical sites about Cane
- "In the land of cotton": economics and violence in Jean Toomer's 'Cane.'
- "Scholars differ in opinion about the link of author Jean Toomer's novel 'Cane' to the economic and social realities facing rural and small-town Georgia."
- Contains: Historical Context
- Author: Barbara Foley
- From: African American Review Summer 1998
- To "Flash White Light from Ebony": The Problem of Modernism in Jean Toomer's Cane
- "The temptation to read Jean Toomer's Cane as something of a modernist experiment in autobiography is strong, and scholars who do so fall into two camps: those who see the work as a tribute to the discovery of a true self, and those who read it as testimony to the failure of an attempt to make that discovery."
- Contains: Content Analysis
- Author: Catherine Gunther Kodat
- From: Twentieth Century Literature Spring 2000
- Keywords: Modernism
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about Cane!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Cane outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Cane:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013