Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Sites about Eclogues
Critical sites about Eclogues
- Allegory and the Eclogues
- "t is difficult, if not impossible, to delve very deeply into the extensive secondary literature on the Eclogues without coming across the word allegory. Rarely, however, does anyone take the trouble to define exactly what is meant by this technical term."
- Contains: Content Analysis
- Author: Richard Levis
- From: Electronic Antiquity Vol. 1 no. 5 October 1993
- Vergil’s “Messiah”: A New Governor of Spain?
- "It is not my intention to defend Gallus'dubious claim to be Vergil’s "Messiah", though it is a convenient reminder of his celebrity. It may, however, be possible to add a new page to Gallus' career, with the aid of a recently published tessera hospitalis."
- Contains: Historical Context
- Author: Leonard A. Curchin
- From: The Ancient History Bulletin 2.6 (1988) 143-144
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about Eclogues!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Eclogues outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Eclogues:
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014