Online Literary Criticism Collection
Margaret Avison (1918 – )
|Nationality: Canadian||Periods: Canadian: 20th Century|
Considered one of Canada’s finest poets
- Margaret Avison: Power, Knowledge and the Language of Poetry
- “Margaret Avison’s poetry is prompted and sustained by a sense of power to which the poems themselves give access. They dramatize her efforts to contact the sources of that power and to gain the knowledge it permits, a contact that is discouraged by the cynical frame of mind of modern man and so must be won through poetic effort, a knowledge that is inhibited by his misplaced faith in reason.”
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: J. M. Kertzer
- From: Canadian Poetry vol. 4
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about Margaret Avison in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Margaret Avison
- One of a few sites on Canadian poets by the U of T, it contains biography and writing philosophy sections on Margaret Avison, as well as several of her poems and external links.
- Contains: Full Bio, Awards, Pictures, Criticism, Bibliography, Commentary
- From: University of Toronto and University of Toronto Library
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Margaret Avison outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Margaret Avison:
Margaret Avison on the About network:
Factual information on Margaret Avison:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Margaret Avison‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013