Online Literary Criticism Collection
Hyman Edelstein (1889 – 1957)
|Periods: Canadian: 20th Century|
- The Life and Poetry of Hyman Edelstein
- “The names Klein, Layton, Cohen are by-words in the field of Canadian letters, but until a colleague mentioned Hyman Edelstein to me, I had never heard of the man or of his work. When I read his poetry I was more than a little surprised to find that his social protest poems published in 1927 and 1931 look forward to Klein’s ‘Radical’ poems, and Edelstein’s in vocation of Jesus as a ‘brother’ anticipates Irving Layton’s ‘For my Brother Jesus.’ Thus intrigued, I went on to investigate further Edelstein’s life and work.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Commentary
- Author: Esther Safer Fisher
- From: Canadian Poetry vol. 6
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about Hyman Edelstein in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Sorry. There are no other sites about Hyman Edelstein in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Hyman Edelstein outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Hyman Edelstein:
Hyman Edelstein on the About network:
Factual information on Hyman Edelstein:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Hyman Edelstein‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013