Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about The Decameron
A collection of 100 tales, told by a group of young nobles hiding from the Plague outside Florence, Italy.
Critical sites about The Decameron
- Bibliography of the Decameron Web
- An extensive group of bibliographies, including an overall one for the Decameron Web; suggested readings in English and Italian; a structured English-language bibliography broken down by topic and “day” of the storytelling; and a useful breakdown of the motif-index codes for each of the tales.
- Contains: Bibliography
- The Decameron Web
- A site containing a wealth of information, both contextual and specific to the work, on Boccaccio’s Decameron. Includes material on the period’s cultural life, society, religion, history, and, of course, the Plague. Also offers a lengthy bibliography of sources, the full and searchable text of the Decameron, essays on the work itself, and a chronology of the author’s life.
- Contains: Historical Context, Plot Summary, Character Analysis, Content Analysis, Bibliography
- Decameron: The Brigata
- This portion of the Decameron Web contains specific sections on each of the storytellers. Some sections include: descriptions of the tellers; summaries of each tale a particular person tells; essays on the content of specific tales or their tellers; and links to the full text of a teller’s tales.
- Contains: Character Analysis, Content Analysis, Plot Summary
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about The Decameron!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for The Decameron outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for The Decameron:
The Decameron on the About network:
Factual information on The Decameron:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
The Decameron‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013