Example Questions That Can Be Answered Using This FAQ
- How many people are using the Internet, the Web, Netscape, Lynx, Internet Explorer?
- How much has Internet use increased in the last year?
- What’s the age and gender breakdown of Internet usage?
Surveys and profiles of Internet users are a highly desired resource by businesses starting new web ventures, and researchers studying the Internet’s effects on society. Numerous web sites offer detailed profiles of Internet users, but often for a large fee. Broader statistics are more likely to offered for free, as part of press releases and news stories. Here are links that we have found to be good places to start looking for Internet statistics:
- Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project http://pewinternet.org/
Highly authoritative information on internet usage.
- Yahoo’s category for Internet Statistics and Demographics http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Internet/Statistics_and_Demographics/
Yahoo’s collection of links is also worth a look, although they are a bit hit-and-miss in terms of quality. Includes a sub-category specifically for surveys that is also worth a look at.