Say Hello in the Arabic Language
|English:||Good day||My name is|
|Arabic:||Al salaam a’alaykum||Ismi|
|Pronunciation:||Ahl sah-LAHM ah ah-LAY-koom||ISS-mee|
Did You Know You Were Speaking Arabic?
Words in English from the Arabic language:
- CalligraphyQalam.com | Arabic, Ottoman & Persian Calligraphy | Arabic script
- NASA: Voyager Audio Message in Arabic
- Peace Corps | Coverdell World Wise Schools: Arabic in Jordan
- The Art of Arabic Calligraphy by Mamoun Sakkal
- “A is for Arabs” by George Rafael – Salon.com
- informational booklets from the Arab American National Museum
Who Can You Talk To?
There are 206,000,000 people who speak Arabic all over the world, with the largest numbers of Arabic speakers in Algeria, Bahrain, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian West Bank and Gaza, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
Now you can say hello to 206,000,000 people!*
*Source: Ethnologue: Arabic, Standard
Say Hello to the World was created by Lorri Mon.
Back to Say Hello homepage.