East Chop Light
“Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts”
This light stands at the edge of the East Chop cliffs above Oak Bluffs. It marks the east side of the entrance to Vineyard Haven Harbor. The 40-foot tall tower is a cylindrical cast-iron structure typical of the style built during this era. The wood framed keeper’s dwelling and brick oil house were removed in 1934 when the light was automated. It was leased to the Dukes County Historical Society in 1993.
- Navigational Options
- Return to Twenty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
- Go to Alphabetical Listing
- Go to Geographical Listing
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.