Newport Harbor Light
“Goat Island, Rhode Island”
The original Goat Island Light was located at the south end of the island. In 1838 a new light was built on the north end of the island. This current light replaced the 1838 light. It’s a 35-foot tall granite stone tower. It was completely renovated by the Coast Guard in 1989.
- Navigational Options
- Return to Twenty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
- Go to Alphabetical Listing
- Go to Geographical Listing
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.