Prudence Island Light
“Prudence Island, Rhode Island”
This 30-foot tall octagonal granite tower was originally located on the southern end of Newport’s Goat Island. In 1851 it was dismantled and then reassembled at Sandy Point on Prudence Island. It was relighted in January of 1852.
- Navigational Options
- Return to Twenty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
- Go to Alphabetical Listing
- Go to Geographical Listing
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.