Stonington Harbor Light
This light was first erected on the west side of the harbor at Windmill Point in 1824. After erosion threatened the structure it was rebuilt at its present location on the east side of the harbor in 1840. This granite 33-foot tower and attached keeper’s dwelling how houses a maritime museum operated by the Stonington Historical Society.
- Navigational Options
- Return to Twenty-eighth Lighthouse Expedition
- Go to Alphabetical Listing
- Go to Geographical Listing
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.