Dunkirk Main (Point Gratiot) Light
“Dunkirk, New York”
This still active light is situated at Point Gratiot on a bluff overlooking Lake Erie. The first lighthouse at this site was built in 1829 but was determined to be in poor condition by the Lighthouse Board. The present tower is attached to the large Victorian style two-story dwelling by an enclosed short brick passageway. The keeper’s house is the current home of the Veteran Park Museum.
- Navigational Options
- Return to Eleventh Lighthouse Expedition
- Go to Alphabetical Listing
- Go to Geographical Listing
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.