Mobile Point Light
“Gulf Shores, Alabama”
This 30-foot tall iron tower sits on Mobile Point at the east side of the narrow mouth into Mobile Bay. It is located on the grounds of the Fort Morgan State Historic Site. It replaced the original 1822 brick tower that had been destroyed during the Civil War. The interior boiler-plates are no longer attached.
- Navigational Options
- Return to Thirtieth Lighthouse Expedition
- Go to Alphabetical Listing
- Go to Geographical Listing
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.