Dun Laoghaire West Light
“Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin, Ireland”
This light is located at the end of the West Pier of Dun Laoghaire Harbour. It and the East Pier Light were built to guide into the harbour ships that were waiting to get into the Port of Dublin. In 1909 a fog horn was added to this station at the request of the London North-Western Railway. In 1949 the Principal Keeper from the East Pier Light moved into the dwelling here when the East Pier Light became a three-keeper station.
- Navigational Options
- Return to Twenty-second Lighthouse Expedition
- Go to Alphabetical Listing
- Go to Geographical Listing
- Return to Lighthouse Home Page
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Conceived and Developed by David S. Carter
Photographs by Donald W. Carter
Text by Diana K. Carter, Donald W. Carter & David S. Carter
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.