Online Literary Criticism Collection
Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806 – 1861)
|Nationality: British||Periods: British: 19th Century|
poet, author of Sonnets from the Portuguese, married to Robert Browning
Our pages on these individual works by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- This lengthy analysis of the authors’ lives and work includes sections on “Robert Browningï¿½s early years”, “The influence upon him of Byron and Shelley “, “Paracelsus”, “Elizabeth Barrettï¿½s Poems”, “Sonnets from the Portuguese”, and “Aurora Leigh.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: Sir Henry Jones
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume XIII: English, The Victorian Age, Part One, The Nineteenth Century, II
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Provides a brief biographical sketch of the poet, and the full text of several poems.
- Contains: Sketch, Pictures, Bibliography, Webliography
- Author: Academy of American Poets
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning: An Overview
- This site from Victorian web contains a number of well-written undergraduate student essays under the direction of Professor George Landow.
- Contains: Full Bio, Timeline, Commentary, Criticism, Bibliography, Works List
- From: Victorian Web
- Keywords: life, history, biography
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Elizabeth Barrett Browning outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Elizabeth Barrett Browning:
Elizabeth Barrett Browning on the About network:
Factual information on Elizabeth Barrett Browning:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Elizabeth Barrett Browning‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013