Online Literary Criticism Collection
Robert Burns (1759 – 1796)
|Periods: British: 18th Century|
Often known as the national poet of Scotland.
- Burns; Lesser Scottish Verse
- This lengthy analysis of the authors’ lives and work includes sections on “The Old School of Scottish Verse”, “Burnsï¿½s Indebtedness to his Predecessors”, “Holy Willieï¿½s Prayer”, “The Holy Fair”, “His Songs and Adaptations”, “Joanna Baillie”, “Allan Cunningham”, “William Tennant” and “Robert Pollok.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: T. F. Henderson
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume XI: English, The Period of the French Revolution
- Robert Burns Country: the official Robert Burns Site
- Offers poems and songs, a Burns Encyclopedia, Burns Family Tree, and other resources.
- Contains: Full Bio, Works List
- From: Burns Country
Sorry. There are no other sites about Robert Burns in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Robert Burns outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Robert Burns:
Robert Burns on the About network:
Factual information on Robert Burns:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Robert Burns‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013