Online Literary Criticism Collection
Don DeLillo (1936 – )
|Nationality: American||Periods: American: 20th Century|
Our pages on these individual works by Don DeLillo
- American Simulacra: Don DeLillo’s Fiction in Light of Some Aspects of Postmodernism
- “The characters in Don DeLillo’s novels inhabit a world that is at times cynically hysterical, sometimes loaded with hopes and potential, sometimes with a brooding, brutal darkness that is frightening to us because of the fact that it is so present in our everyday lives. DeLillo’s characters face angst of the most contemporary varieties. Although Don DeLillo is not a conventional realist or naturalist in any sense of the word, I would not rush to say that DeLillo is a postmodernist author. He is not trying, structurally, technically, or otherwise, to jump into any such camp. He is certainly innovative, but he is content to work in forms and genres that are long-established. Yet the work of DeLillo is distinctly post-modern, in that it presents the stories of characters who face life in a post-modern, post-industrial, televisual culture.”
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Scott Rettberg
- Keywords: postmodern
- Don DeLillo Biography
- “This biography is largely an oral auto-biography, stitched together from the various interviews. All the passages below that are in quotes are from DeLillo himself, and the other text is from the interviewer noted below each entry.”
- Contains: Full Bio, Interview
- Author: Curt Gardner
- Keywords: life, history, biography
- Life & Times: Don Delillo
- This New York Times page includes link to a large number of articles related to Delillo – including articles he wrote, real audio interviews of him, and reviews of his books.
- Contains: Interview, Pictures, Commentary
- From: New York Times on the Web
- Don DeLillo’s America – A Don DeLillo Page
- Includes a biography; lists of novels, works, stories and plays by DeLillo; and an annotated bibliography of literary criticism of DeLillo and his works appearing in books and journals.
- Contains: Bibliography, Sketch, Pictures, Works List
- Author: Curt Gardner
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Don DeLillo outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Don DeLillo:
Don DeLillo on the About network:
Factual information on Don DeLillo:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Don DeLillo‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013