Online Literary Criticism Collection
James Dickey (1923 – 1997)
|Nationality: American||Periods: American: 20th Century|
poet, novelist and critic; author of Deliverence
Our pages on these individual works by James Dickey
Check the links in the box to the right for possible criticism about individual works by James Dickey.
Sorry. There are no general critical sites about James Dickey currently in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- James Dickey
- Provides a brief biographical sketch of the poet, and the full text of several poems.
- Contains: Sketch, Bibliography, Webliography, Pictures
- Author: Academy of American Poets
- James Dickey, Two-Fisted Poet and the Author of ‘Deliverance,’ Is Dead at 73
- Dickey’s obituary follows the career of “one of the nation’s most distinguished modern poets.”
- Contains: Obituary
- Author: Albin Krebs
- From: The New York Times January 21, 1997
- New National Poetry Consultant Can Also Talk a Nonstop Prose
- “This profile of Dickey was written shortly after he began his duties as the 1966-67 poetry consultant to the Library of Congress, a position similar to that of poet laureate.”
- Contains: Sketch
- Author: Nan Robertson
- From: The New York Times September 10, 1966
- Featured Author: James Dickey
- “News and Reviews From the Archives of The New York Times.”
- Contains: Pictures, Interview, Commentary
- From: The New York Times Online http://www.nytimes.com/
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for James Dickey outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for James Dickey:
James Dickey on the About network:
Factual information on James Dickey:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find James Dickey‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013