Online Literary Criticism Collection
Hilda Doolittle (1886 – 1961)
|Nationality:||Periods: American: 20th Century|
Poet, playwright, novelist, and translator.
- H.D. and “The Contest”: archaeology of a Sapphic gaze
- “The influence of the classical Greek poet Sappho on the works of Hilda Doolittle could be seen in the latter’s adoption of a gender-ambiguous pseudonym.”
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Bret L. Keeling
- From: Twentieth Century Literature Summer 1998
- H.D. (Hilda Doolittle) Home Page
- “H.D., or Hilda Doolittle, was an American writer born in 1886. She wrote many poems and novels, knew fascinating people, and lived most of her long life in Europe, dying in 1961. Here… you will find information on her writing, the H.D. International Society, and her many friends and associates.”
- Contains: Webliography, Bibliography, Sketch, Pictures
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle) (1886-1961): Classroom Issues and Strategies
- A guide to teaching the works of H. D. in the classroom.
- Contains: Commentary
- Author: Susan Stanford Friedman
- From: Heath Online Instructor’s Guide
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Hilda Doolittle outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Hilda Doolittle:
Hilda Doolittle on the About network:
Factual information on Hilda Doolittle:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Hilda Doolittle‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013