Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859 – 1930)
|Periods: British: 19th Century|
Trained as a doctor, Doyle is the creator of Sherlock Holmes.
- The Baker Street Journal
- Quarterly journal of Sherlockiana, published since 1946. Latest issue free online.
- Contains: Commentary, Criticism,
- Author: “The Baker Street Irregulars”
- Access Restrictions:
- The Empty Chair
- This first chapter from a biography on Doyle discusses the effect of the author’s death on his widow.
- Contains: Extensive Bio
- Author: Daniel Stashower
- From: Teller of Tales: The Life of Arthur Conan Doyle Chapter 1; Henry Holt and Company: 1999
- 221b Baker Street: Sherlock Holmes
- An extensive Sherlock Holmes site. Includes a short biography of Arthur Conan Doyal, links to publications, soundfiles from the Granada T.V. production of the Sherlock Holmes Mysteries and much more.
- Contains: Commentary, Webliography, Works List
- Author: Michael Sherman
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle:
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle on the About network:
Factual information on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Sir Arthur Conan Doyle‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013