Online Literary Criticism Collection
Lawrence Durrell (1912 – 1990)
|Periods: British: 20th Century|
novelist, poet and travel-writer
Our pages on these individual works by Lawrence Durrell
- Reading Orientalism and the Crisis of Epistemology in the Novels of Lawrence Durrell
- “In his article, “Reading Orientalism and the Crisis of Epistemology in the Novels of Lawrence Durrell,” James Gifford argues that Edward Said’s Orientalism has had a far reaching impact on the study of literature as well as in Comparative Literature, especially in works which depict the “Eastern Other.” However, a question arises in those textswhich have completed the philosophical motion from existentialism to epistemological skepticism such as the novels of Lawrence Durrell.”
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: James Gifford
- From: CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture: A WWWeb Journal 1.2 (1999)
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about Lawrence Durrell in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Featured Author: Lawrence Durrell
- This feature on Lawrence Durrell includes links to several reviews of his books, and New York Times articles by and about the author, dating from 1957 to the present.
- Contains: Interview, Commentary
- From: The New York Times 9/13/98
- The International Lawrence Durrell Society
- “Lawrence Durrell (1912-1990) was one of the greatest novelists of the twentieth century. He called his most famous work, The Alexandria Quartet, ‘an investigation of modern love’ and in it sought to fuse Western notions of time and space with Eastern metaphysics. Born in India, Durrell lived in and celebrated the Mediterranean world, not only as a novelist but also as an acclaimed poet, travel writer, essayist, dramatist, and humorist. The International Lawrence Durrell Society is a non-profit educational organization “
- Contains: Sketch, Works List
- Author: Anna Lillios
- Inventions of Spring: an unofficial guide to Lawrence Durrell
- “Unofficial guide” contains biographical and bibliographical information on the author. Compiled by 100 Authors.
- Author: 100 Authors
- Access Restrictions:
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Lawrence Durrell outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Lawrence Durrell:
Lawrence Durrell on the About network:
Factual information on Lawrence Durrell:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Lawrence Durrell‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013