Online Literary Criticism Collection
Bob Dylan (1941 – )
|Nationality: American||Periods: American: 20th Century|
- Biblical Allusion in Bob Dylan’s Lyrics
- A n essay that presents the author’s “own interpretations, or perhaps misinterpretations, of many of Dylan’s songs. I am approaching these songs with an angle–a prejudice, if you prefer. I am looking at them in the context of the Bible, and I am specifically pointing out the biblical allusions. Sometimes I will merely list allusions; at other times, I will delve deeper into the lyrics, indicating how these allusions direct and contribute to theoverall meaning of the songs. “
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Skylar Hamilton Burris
- From: 1999
- Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan: Poetry and the Popular Song
- “The distance between the gleomannes gyd in Beowulf or ‘Sumer is Icumen In’ and the songs of Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan may seem great, but is one of time rather than aesthetics. The lyric poem as a literary work and the lyrics of a popular song are both still essentially the same thing: poetry.”
- Contains: Criticism, Pictures
- Author: Frank Davey
- From: December 1969
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about Bob Dylan in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Sorry. There are no other sites about Bob Dylan in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Bob Dylan outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Bob Dylan:
Bob Dylan on the About network:
Factual information on Bob Dylan:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Bob Dylan‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013