Online Literary Criticism Collection
Rev. Jonathan Edwards (1703 – 1758)
|Nationality: American||Periods: American: 1600-1783|
Puritan essayist, preacher, author or “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”
- This lengthy analysis of Jonathan Edward’s life and work includes sections on “Edwardï¿½s Early Years”, “His Preaching”, “Treatise Concerning Religious Affections”, “The Relations of Edwards to the Deistic Controversy “, and “The Freedom of the Will.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: Paul Elmer More
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume XV: English, Colonial and Revolutionary Literature; Early National Literature, Part I
- Edwards, Jonathan
- This is a brief biographical sketch of Jonathan Edwards.
- Contains: Sketch
- Author: Alexander Leitch
- From: A Princeton Companion Princeton University Press (1978).
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about Rev. Jonathan Edwards in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Chapter 2: Colonial Period: 1700-1800 – Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758)
- This site includs a bibliog of books and articles about Edwards, a discussion of his impact on American society (especially as a leader of the Great Awakening). Also discusses his personal religious philosophy.
- Contains: Bibliography, Commentary
- Author: Paul P. Reuben
- From: PAL: Perspectives in American Literature- A Research and Reference Guide
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Rev. Jonathan Edwards outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Rev. Jonathan Edwards:
Rev. Jonathan Edwards on the About network:
Factual information on Rev. Jonathan Edwards:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Rev. Jonathan Edwards‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013