Online Literary Criticism Collection
Geoffrey Hill (1932 – )
|Nationality: British||Periods: British: 20th Century|
Poet whose themes include religion, morals and music
- Sobieski’s Shield: On Geoffrey Hill’s The Enemy’s Country (1991) and New & Collected Poems (1994)
- This analysis discusses how Hill’s work, with its “frequently uncompromising” tone and “which initially resists understanding, appreciation, or respect, elicits all three after repeated readings.”
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Peter Sanger
- From: The Antigonish Review Issue 109
- Geoffrey Hill Study Centre
- Links to translations of Hill’s poems into Spanish, Swedish and Galican, as well as to bibliography and announcements.
- Author: Paul, S.
- Geoffrey Hill
- Includes exceprts from a 1981 interview with Hill and a listing of critical resources.
- Contains: Interview, Bibliography
- Author: Seamus Cooney
- The Geoffrey Hill Server
- Biography, bibliography, and video of the English poet.
- Author: Minot, Ronald
- From: University of Caen
Sorry. There are no other sites about Geoffrey Hill in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Geoffrey Hill outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Geoffrey Hill:
Geoffrey Hill on the About network:
Factual information on Geoffrey Hill:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Geoffrey Hill‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013