Online Literary Criticism Collection
Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 – 1894)
|Nationality: American||Periods: American: 1865-1900
American physician, poet, and humorist
Our pages on these individual works by Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Writers of Familiar Verse: Holmes; Minor Writers
- This lengthy analysis of the author’s life and work includes sections on Holmes’ “Ancestry , “Education”, “Novels”, and “Serious Verse”; as well as on writers such as Saxe, Eugene Field, and Bunner.
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: Brander Matthews
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume XVI: American, Early National Literature: Part II, Later National Literature: Part I
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Howell’s reminiscences about Holmes.
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Commentary
- Author: William Dean Howells
- From: Literary Friends and Acquaintences: A Personal Retrospect of American Authorship 1900
Sorry. There are no other sites about Oliver Wendell Holmes in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Oliver Wendell Holmes outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Oliver Wendell Holmes:
Oliver Wendell Holmes on the About network:
Factual information on Oliver Wendell Holmes:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Oliver Wendell Holmes‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013