Online Literary Criticism Collection
Washington Irving (1783 – 1859)
|Nationality: American||Periods: American: 1783-1865|
author of “Legend of Sleepy Hollow”and “Rip Van Winkle”
- This lengthy analysis of the author’s life and work includes sections on “Early Years”, “Diedrich Knickerbocker”, “Irvingï¿½s Cosmopolitanism”, “Legends of the Alhambra”, and “Life of Washington.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: Major George Haven Putnam
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume XV: English, Colonial and Revolutionary Literature; Early National Literature, Part I
- Washington Irving
- This site contains biographical information on Washington Irving.
- Contains: Full Bio
- Keywords: history, life, biography
Sorry. There are no other sites about Washington Irving in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Washington Irving outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Washington Irving:
Washington Irving on the About network:
Factual information on Washington Irving:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Washington Irving‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013