Online Literary Criticism Collection
Christopher Marlowe (1564 – 1593)
|Nationality: British||Periods: British: 1500-1700|
writer of the play Dr. Faustus, possible author of some works atributed to Shakespeare
Our pages on these individual works by Christopher Marlowe
- Christopher Marlowe (1564-1598)
- This site, entitled luminarium, was created for “students and enthusiasts of English literature.” It includes links to the life and works of Christopher Marlowe, links to essays and articles on Marlowe’s work, and provides a list and links to additional sources for information about him.
- Contains: Sketch, Pictures, Criticism, Commentary, Works List, Webliography, Bibliography
- Author: Anniina Jokinen.
- Keywords: “Amorous Neptune”, “Hero and Leander,” “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love”
- Marlowe and Kyd
- This lengthy analysis of the authors’ lives and works includes sections on “The forerunners of Shakespeare”, “Marloweï¿½s life and early literary work”, “Tamburlaine the Great”, “Dr. Faustus”, “Marloweï¿½s share in other Plays”, “Marloweï¿½s non-dramatic writings”, “Thomas Kydï¿½s early work”, and “Criticism of Kydï¿½s work and comparison with Marlowe; Kydï¿½s place in English Drama.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Commentary, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: G. Gregory Smith
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Vol.5, The Drama to 1642, Part One
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about Christopher Marlowe in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Matthew Scarsbrook’s page on Christopher Marlowe
- Includes a timeline, profile, and comprehensive lists of associates, works and primary sources compiled screenwriter/director Matthew Scarsbrook in preparation for his fictionalized account of Marlowe’s life.
- Author: Scarsbrook, Matthew
- Access Restrictions:
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Christopher Marlowe outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Christopher Marlowe:
Christopher Marlowe on the About network:
Factual information on Christopher Marlowe:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Christopher Marlowe‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013