Online Literary Criticism Collection
Alexander Pope (1688 – 1744)
|Nationality: British||Periods: British: 18th Century|
Wrote “The Rape of the Lock”
Our pages on these individual works by Alexander Pope
- This lengthy analysis of the author’s life and work includes sections on “Popeï¿½s Literary Consciousness, and his attitude towards Contemporary Literature, “His early Life and Studies”, “Popeï¿½s Workmanship and Style”, “His Homer” and “Popeï¿½s Genius and Influence upon Literature.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: Edward Bensley
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume IX: English From Steele and Addison to Pope and Swift
- The Life of Pope
- An extensive biography of poet Alexander Pope, taken from Johnson’s The Lives of the Poets. It is also available in an abridged version/
- Contains: Full Bio
- Author: Samuel Johnson
- From: The Lives of the Poets Oxford: Clarendon Press,1905
- The Rape of the Lock Home Page
- This site gives brief information about Pope’s life and has a lot of material on “The Rape of the Lock”. Many of the pages included in the site also featured in the IPL’s literary criticism collection.
- Contains: Sketch, Timeline, Pictures, Commentary, Bibliography
- Author: S. Constantine
Sorry. There are no other sites about Alexander Pope in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Alexander Pope outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Alexander Pope:
Alexander Pope on the About network:
Factual information on Alexander Pope:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Alexander Pope‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013