Online Literary Criticism Collection
John Crowe Ransom (1888 – 1974)
|Periods: American: 20th Century|
“major minor poet”; won the Bollingen Prize for Poetry (1951) and the National Book Award (1964) mostly for poems written 1922-1925
Our pages on these individual works by John Crowe Ransom
- Modern American Poetry: John Crowe Ransom (1888-1974)
- Criticism, commentary, biographical information, and a chronology, this entry from the Modern American Poetry (MAPS) website, which came about when, Cary Nelson, editor for the Anthology of Modern American Poetry for Oxford University Press, and the advisory board for that work wanted to provide more information to readers than would fit in the book.
- Contains: Commentary, Criticism, Pictures, Timeline, Full Bio, Awards, Works List
- Author: Cary Nelson and Edward Brunner
- From: Department of English, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The Academy of American Poets – John Crowe Ransom
- Site contains an audio reading of “Blue Girls,” some biographical information, links to pages on relatated writers, and external links to more resources on Ransom.
- Contains: Pictures, Full Bio, Works List
- From: American Academy of Poets
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about John Crowe Ransom in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Sorry. There are no other sites about John Crowe Ransom in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for John Crowe Ransom outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for John Crowe Ransom:
John Crowe Ransom on the About network:
Factual information on John Crowe Ransom:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find John Crowe Ransom‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013