Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sappho (ca 630 BCE – ca 570 B.C.E.)
|Nationality: Greek||Periods: Greek: Classical|
female writer of lyric poetry
- H.D. and “The Contest”: archaeology of a Sapphic gaze
- “The influence of the classical Greek poet Sappho on the works of Hilda Doolittle could be seen in the latter’s adoption of a gender-ambiguous pseudonym.”
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Bret L. Keeling
- From: Twentieth Century Literature Summer 1998
- The Tradition of Psappha: Human Being, Historical Figure, Songwriter
- An essay on the life, works, and influence of Sappho. Includes a bibliography.
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Commentary, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: Andrea Grant
- Provides a brief biographical sketch of the poet, and links to other web sites.
- Contains: Sketch, Bibliography, Webliography
- Author: Academy of American Poets
- Sappho, the first modern poet
- A short biographical piece from a book about the poet.
- Contains: Sketch
- Author: Edith Mora
- From: Sappho–The Story of a Poet Flammarion, 1966
Sorry. There are no other sites about Sappho in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Sappho outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Sappho:
Sappho on the About network:
Factual information on Sappho:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Sappho‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013