Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sir Walter Scott (1771 – 1832)
|Nationality: Scottish||Periods: British: 19th Century|
Novelist and poet of the romantic period, derived much material from Scottish history and legend
Our pages on these individual works by Sir Walter Scott
- Sir Walter Scott
- This lengthy analysis of the author’s life and work includes sections on “The Scottish literary revival of the eighteenth century”, “His German studies; Ballad poetry”, “The Lady of the Lake”, “Scott and Byron”, “His treatment of love” and “The influence of his work.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: T. F. Henderson
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume XII: English, The Romantic Revival, The Nineteenth Century, I
- Some Observations About Hawthorne’s Women
- An essay examining Hawthorne’s portrayal of women in his works, and the reasoning behind it. Also contains references to Sir Walter Scott’s ground-breaking portrayal of women in The Heart of Midlothian.
- Contains: Criticism, Commentary, Bibliography
- Author: Barbara Ellis
- From: Women in Literature and Life Assembly (WILLA) Ellis, Barbara. (1993). Some observations about Hawthorne’s women. WILLA, Volume II, 13-18.
- The Life of Scott
- An book-length nineteenth century biography of Sir Walter Scott.
- Contains: Full Bio
- Author: J. G. Lockhart
- From: Scots Teaching And Research Network, University of Glasgow
- The Walter Scott Digital Archive
- Site includes vast amount of material, covering author’s biography, papers, bibliography, e-texts, and more.
- Contains: Obituary, Timeline, Pictures, Awards, Criticism, Bibliography, Works List, Works Available
- Author: Paul Barnaby
- Keywords: walter scott digital archive
- Access Restrictions:
Sorry. There are no other sites about Sir Walter Scott in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Sir Walter Scott outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Sir Walter Scott:
Sir Walter Scott on the About network:
Factual information on Sir Walter Scott:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Sir Walter Scott‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013