Online Literary Criticism Collection
James Thomson (1700 – 1748)
|Nationality: Scottish||Periods: British: 18th Century|
Scottish Victorian poet
Our pages on these individual works by James Thomson
- Thomson and Natural Description in Poetry
- This lengthy historical analysis of the author’s life and works includes sections titled “Relations of Thomsonï¿½s Poetry to the tendencies of the age; His life and literary career “, “Influence of Milton”, “Thomsonï¿½s objective attitude towards Nature”, “Thomsonï¿½s Dramatic Work, from Sophonisba to Coriolanus” and “Influence of Thomson on the younger generation of poets.”
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Criticism, Bibliography
- Author: A. Hamilton Thompson
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume X: English, The Age of Johnson
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about James Thomson in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Sorry. There are no other sites about James Thomson in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for James Thomson outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for James Thomson:
James Thomson on the About network:
Factual information on James Thomson:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find James Thomson‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013