Online Literary Criticism Collection
Mark Twain (1835 – 1910)
|Nationality: American||Periods: American: 1865-1900
sensitive treatment of slaves, Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer
Our pages on these individual works by Mark Twain
- Romancing the Indian: Sentimentalizing and Demonizing in Cooper and Twain
- “Representations of American Indians in nineteenth-century American literature were seldom culturally relative. Instead, the author often encoded in the American Indian caricature (“caricature” because these are rarely well-developed characters) his or her assumptions based on racial stereotypes, making the caricature a metonym for all AmericanIndians.”
- Contains: Criticism, Commentary
- Author: Rissetto, Adriana
- Keywords: Mark Twain, James Fenimore Cooper, Indians, Native Americans
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about Mark Twain in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Sorry. There are no other sites about Mark Twain in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Mark Twain outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Mark Twain:
Mark Twain on the About network:
Factual information on Mark Twain:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Mark Twain‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013