Online Literary Criticism Collection
Mary Wollstonecraft (1759 – 1797)
|Nationality: English||Periods: British: 18th Century|
author of Vindication of the Rights of Woman, a feminist manifesto
Our pages on these individual works by Mary Wollstonecraft
Check the links in the box to the right for possible criticism about individual works by Mary Wollstonecraft.
Sorry. There are no general critical sites about Mary Wollstonecraft currently in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Mary Wollstonecraft
- This extensive biography of the author comes from the Gale Group’s Celebrating Women’s History Month web site.
- Contains: Extensive Bio
- From: Feminist Writers St. James Press, 1996
- Mary Wollstonecraft: 1759-1797
- “Mary Wollstonecraft, a product of the Enlightenment, Romanticism , and the American and French Revolutions, was born in the 1750’s. She was the child of a marginal gentry farmer and an unloving mother. She began her protests of the condition of women at an early age by protecting her mother from her father’s abuse and resenting her brother’s favored position. “
- Contains: Sketch
- Author: Kim A. Woodbridge
- From: Mary Shelley Resources
Sorry. There are no other sites about Mary Wollstonecraft in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn’t find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Mary Wollstonecraft outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Mary Wollstonecraft:
Mary Wollstonecraft on the About network:
Factual information on Mary Wollstonecraft:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista | Google | Yahoo!
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
Find Mary Wollstonecraft‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013