Online Literary Criticism Collection
German: 20th Century
- The Rise of the Modern German Novel: Crisis and Charisma
- “Berman has written a powerful example of the new literary history as well as a guide to the century that brought forth the modern German Novel. His book is important to students of German literature and of social and intellectual currents in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, and also for those interested in the sociology of literature, critical theory, and neo-Marxist literary theory.”
- Contains: Historical Context
- Author: Berman, Russell A.
- From: iUniverse Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1986.
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014