Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about The Awakening
by Kate Chopin
A woman in Lousiana rejects the traditional roles of marriage and motherhood.
Critical sites about The Awakening
- The Awakening and the Yellow Wallpaper: An intertextual Comparison of the Conventional Connotations of Marriage and Propriety
- “A feminist reading of Chopin & Gilman from the standpoint of their works’ power as socio-political and defining texts.”
- Contains: Content Analysis, Bibliography
- Author: Michael James Mahin
- Keywords: feminism
- A Catalogue of Symbols in The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- A n essay that aims to “help students learn more about the use of symbols and archetypes in literature and criticism.”
- Contains: Content Analysis
- Author: Skylar Hamilton Burris
- From: 1999
- Kate Chopin’s the Awakening: a Critical Reception
- “A study of the various critical reactions to Chopin’s most famous work, beginning before the story’s release and proceeding forward.”
- Contains: Historical Context
- Author: Russ Sprinkle
- Writing the ‘Solitary Soul’: Anticipations of Modernism and Negotiations of Gender in Kate Chopin’s The Awakening
- “Disucsses the way in which The Awakening embodies elements of Modernism, foreshadowing the major movement in literature that dominated the early 20th century.”
- Contains: Historical Context, Content Analysis
- Author: Sarah Klein-Smith
- Keywords: modernism
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about The Awakening!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for The Awakening outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for The Awakening:
The Awakening on the About network:
Factual information on The Awakening:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
The Awakening‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013