Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about The Cenci
Critical sites about The Cenci
- Theater of Anxiety in Shelley’s The Cenci and Musset’s Lorenzaccio
- “PERCY SHELLEY’S THE CENCI (1819) and Alfred de Musset’s Lorenzaccio (1834) have never been compared by specialists of the Romantic era. They both belong, nevertheless, to the concept of ‘Theater of Anxiety’ of which Romantic literature presents powerful examples throughout Europe.”
- Contains: Historical Context
- Author: Remy Roussetzki
- From: Criticism Winter 2000
- The Violence of the Sacred: The Economy of Sacrifice in The Cenci
- “I invoke the formula of “the violence of the sacred” to suggest the relevance of Rene Girard’s theory about the violent origins of community for understanding Percy Shelley’s The Cenci.”
- Contains: Content Analysis
- Author: Robert M. Corbett
- From: Romanticism on the Net Vol 4 November 1996
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about The Cenci!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for The Cenci outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for The Cenci:
The Cenci on the About network:
Factual information on The Cenci:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
The Cenci‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013