Online Literary Criticism Collection
Sites about The Circular Ruins
“A mystic visionary attempts to dream a human into being.” First collected in The Garden of Forking Paths and later, in 1944, in Ficciones. Description by Allen Ruch.
Critical sites about The Circular Ruins
- Borges: The Blind Visionary
- This somewhat disjointed paper, with detailed reference to the movements of modernism and postmodernism, uses the Borges story “The Circular Ruins” to “offer some important insights into the major theoretical premises which Borges subverts and embraces in his own writing. … In short, I will argue that this story enacts postmodernism’s sever questioning of ‘grand histoire’ (Hassan 281), specifically in regards to monotheism and linearity.”
- Contains: Historical Context, Content Analysis, Bibliography
- Author: Joyce Smaragdis
- The Circular Ruins
- “This paper … discusses some universal truths found in the Borges story ‘The Circular Ruins.'”
- Contains: Content Analysis
- Author: Barbara Joan Schaffer
- From: The Libyrinth
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about The Circular Ruins!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Use these links to search for The Circular Ruins outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for The Circular Ruins:
The Circular Ruins on the About network:
Factual information on The Circular Ruins:
Search engines are also a great place to start research,
but they can also lead to many commercial
and/or non-authoritative resources.
Alta Vista |
Ixquick Metasearch |
All the Web.com |
Mamma Metasearch |
The Circular Ruins‘s works in libraries:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013